Chi-square association test is one of the most popular association test by which we can find the association between two variables. Spss is a simple data analytics tool by which we can easily perform the chi-square test.
- Input your data on SPSS
- Select the two required variable
- Now set the hypothesis as below- H0: There is no association between the variables. H1: H0 is not true.
- To test the hypothesis we use chi-square test.
- Go to: Analyze→ Descriptive statistics →Crostabs.
- Insert the required variabe in the variable box.
- Go to statistics option and select chi-square.
- And finally click ok.
Chi-square association test
Now we interprete the chi-square test result using the significance level(p-value).
- If p<=0.05 then null hypothesis (H0) is rejected.
- If p>0.05 then null hypothesis (H0) is accepted.
you can watch the full procedure in the following video-
According to wikipedia,